Saturday, December 15, 2012

Three Days In

It is currently 8:04AM on a Saturday, and I am delighted to have slept in until 7:40 today.  So many small changes!  My oven is being used for the fourth day in a row.  Poor thing better not poop out on me!  One night both my dishwasher, washing machine, and BOTH bathtubs were being used at the same time.  I can't stay on top of kitchen crumbs...  My bathroom sink is nasty....especially because the cleaning supplies are no longer under it for me to quickly clean it with.
So many changes!  Those are the small ones, the ones I marvel over and cannot believe my life has held.
Meeting so many new people has tired me out.  Foster care worker, case aide, birth mom, sisters, teacher, principal, daycare staff - and then the people just on the phone, like the therapist.  And most importantly the boys and their previous relative caregivers.  It is full.  My amazing support system has fed us and completely been there for me to talk to and share my pain.  They are full of love.  I know I am not doing this on my own. 
So, the two boys.  I cannot believe what wonderful kids they are.  That is one of goals: to let them be KIDS.  The 9 year old is constantly trying to parent his brother (three years old).  We have not had one behavior issue.  A little bit of "oh man" over shower time and some of my homework rules:), but he is a delightful little boy.  He's Lego obsessed and thankfully not just about building them, because that kind of lifestyle cannot be sustained by me.  He's playing with them now, as I type, still in my PJS on the couch and my friend's breakfast casserole cooks.  The 3 year old is still sleeping:)  He (both of them) need their sleep!  We have been in bed no later than 8:30 and closer to 8 all week.  I let the 9 year old (I really need to find something to call him here!) stay up till 9 last night, and he slept until 8 today.  So, the 3 yo is a delight as well.  He wakes up happy and giggling and views everyday as a great adventure.  He did fabulous at daycare yesterday.  He did not nap, but rested, and participated in everything.
Although it is crazy and exhausting, this is my life right now.  I'm loving it.  I love these boys already and they just belong here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment